Confident Canines Life Skills Classes
For any age of dog. These classes run in 4-week blocks focusing on 5/6 different training topics each month.
They run on Mondays at 6:30pm and Wednesdays at 7:30pm in Leyland, each session lasting approximately one hour.
These classes allow you to improve on the basic skills learnt during foundation level training, enabling you to teach your dog even more important and valuable life skills to develop their focus, confidence and manners even further. This helps to build the bond between dog and owner and most of all, you can have fun together!
If you wish, whilst attending these classes you can work through our Confident Canines Life Skills Awards. We created these awards so that owners have something tangible to measure their progress against. There are four levels of awards in total, each progressing on from the previous level of difficulty and skillset.
What do we teach during these classes?
Improving your dog’s focus:
- How to settle and be calm around distractions
- New behaviours and tricks to help your dog to engage with you around distractions
- How to behave around other dogs
- Greeting people in a controlled manner
- How to improve lead walking skills
- Road walking skills
Developing impulse control skills:
- Appropriate behaviour around food
- How to wait and be calm in different situations/scenarios
- Sit stays and down stays with duration, distance and distractions
- Teaching a reliable leave command
- Adding impulse control to interactive games
- The emergency stop command
Building dog & owner bond:
- Interactive games to improve dog and owner bond
- How to train a reliable recall amongst other dogs and people
- The send to bed command
- A range of new fun training exercises to develop cognitive skills
- Teaching calmness during handling and grooming
These classes are for any dogs that have had basic foundation level training.
For your dog to be able to attend these classes, the only requirement initially is for them to be able to cope in a group environment and to be able to focus on their owner when carrying out practical exercises. We will teach you everything else!
If you have a dog that hasn't completed any group training sessions before or you are unsure as to whether your dog has the basic skills necessary to be able to attend these classes, we are more than happy to arrange a 1-2-1 training session to bring you up to speed.
Upcoming Course Start Dates
- 2 Sep Developing impulse control skills
- 30 Sep Building dog & owner bond
- 28 Oct Improving your dog’s focus
- 25 Nov Developing impulse control skills
- 4 Sep Developing impulse control skills
- 2 Oct Building dog & owner bond
- 30 Oct Improving your dog’s focus
- 27 Nov Developing impulse control skills
£48 per 4-week block BOOK NOW