Progressive Life Skills Course
For any age of dog. This is a 6-week follow-on course for those who have previously completed a foundation course with us, each session lasting approximately one hour.
What will you learn during this course?
You will build on the skills previously learnt during the foundation course with the aim of developing an obedient but confident, happy and sociable dog that has good manners and a good connection with their owner, covering topics such as:
- Building intermediate level focus and connection with your dog
- Progressing the sit, stand and down commands; fading the food
- Different techniques to reward your dog by raising anticipation
- Introduction to heelwork
- Building focus and duration in the heel position
- Walking nicely on the lead; focus on the move
- Maintaining the heel position in motion
- The outdoor settle
- Introduction to targeting; the 'touch' command
- The leave command - progression
- Tug games and the drop command
- Introduction to basic scentwork
- Polite greetings – creating a strong auto-sit behaviour
- The stay command; looking at duration and building distance
- Proprioception and dog parkour
£70 BOOK NOW
UPCOMING COURSE START DATES:
- The next course will commence after Christmas. Please contact us for further details.