Puppy Foundation Course
For puppies aged up to 20 weeks. This is a 6-week course, each session lasting approximately one hour.
UPCOMING COURSE START DATES:
- Wednesday 3rd July 6pm (Leyland Orthodox Church Hall, 403 Leyland Lane, PR25 1TA) FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 13th July 2pm (St Ambrose Hall, Moss Lane, Leyland, PR25 4XA) FULLY BOOKED
- Monday 29th July 7:30pm (St Ambrose Hall, Moss Lane, Leyland, PR25 4XA) FULLY BOOKED
Sessions for this course are as follows: Wk1: 29/07. Wk2: 05/08. Wk3: 19/08. Wk4: 02/09. Wk5: 09/09. Wk6: 16/09.
- Wednesday 4th September 6:30pm (Leyland Orthodox Church Hall, 403 Leyland Lane, PR25 1TA)
- Monday 23rd September 7:30pm (St Ambrose Hall, Moss Lane, Leyland, PR25 4XA
What will you learn during this course?
You will teach your puppy all the essential life skills to give them the best start possible in life:
- How dogs learn; their learning stages and how to efficiently teach them
- How to stop undesired behaviours from developing
- Building focus and connection with your dog
- How to work with what motivates your dog
- Clicker training; what is it and how do we use it to train a dog?
- Early socialisation; the do’s and don’ts
- Teaching your dog to pay attention to you
- Teaching your dog to sit, stand and lie down on command
- Teaching your dog to settle and be calm
- An introduction to walking nicely on the lead
- How to train a successful recall; techniques, do's and don'ts
- Tug games and the drop command
- An introduction to the leave command
- Foundation level stay training
- Handling, health checks and grooming
- Food manners; stopping your dog snatching food from your hand
- How to manage mouthing/biting and chewing
- How to be a responsible dog owner; dog law and dog owner etiquette
We accept a maximum of 6 puppies on these courses so booking in advance is essential.
£70 for the 6-week course BOOK NOW